LSVT BIG - Parkinsons
We are proud to offer over 10 years of experience specializing in the LSVT BIG program.
The LSVT Programs have been developed and scientifically researched over the past
20 years with funding from the National Institutes of Health.
Research on LSVT BIG has documented improved ratings on tests of motor functioning in people with PD following treatment.
• Faster walking with bigger steps
• Improved balance
• Increased trunk rotation
LSVT BIG treatment consists of:
• 16 sessions: 4 days a week for 4 weeks
• Individual sessions
• Daily homework practice
• Daily Carryover exercise
LSVT BIG will help you establish a LIFE-LONG HABIT of BIG PRACTICE!
LSVT BIG treatment:
• Trains a single target of amplitude (bigger movements)
• Drives intensive and high-effort practice
• Teaches the amount of effort required to produce normal movements
• Translates bigger movements into real-world, everyday activities
• Empowers people with PD with their potential to improve!
LSVT BIG will teach you how to avoid inactivity and keep your movements ALIVE during everyday activities. It will help you participate fully and improve the quality of your life!